Node.js Developer (project-based)
MyBazar is a social-commerce marketplace for independent brands and user communities in emerging markets. For the past 4 years, we’ve been proud to develop a minimum marketable product (MMP), enabling small businesses in Malaysia to build successful businesses online. Based on our findings and achievements in Malaysia, it is now time for us to further develop our marketplace to give small businesses in Africa, Balkans and the Middle East the tools that only the big players have had access to before.
We are looking an experienced Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users (merchants and their customers). Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Skills and Qualities
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Knowledge of security and data protection (payments platforms, third-party integrations, APIs and security)
- Knowledge of data storage solutions(performance optimization, AWS)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React.js, HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
We offer you
- The opportunity to be part of an experienced and international team consisting of driven, fun colleagues with a can-do mentality
- A chance to truly make a difference for entrepreneurs and small businesses all around the world!
Apply for this job
Send your CV to: email@example.com